[Geysers] 5/4/16 F&M 1240

Michael Goldberg goldbeml at ucmail.uc.edu
Thu May 5 17:21:17 PDT 2016

Hi Tom,

Thanks very much for the report.

I'm not well versed in F&M's habits in the last 5-10 years, but my
impressions of the video clips are:

1236 -- It looks odd to me, but I think F&M has experimented with the
"high vent lock" in some of its more recent activity.  I would also guess
that it's been responsible for more than its share of "false locks."

1238 -- Sure, Gold vent isn't very tall, but that kind of activity would
get me excited every time.  All three vents (High, Gold, Angle) are nearly
continuous, Gold is full of water, and I'll ignore the fact that Angle is
jetting mostly steam.  Never liked Angle much anyway...

Glad to hear that the rocks are active again.  Not surprised to hear that
they are still being creative with their preplay.

Michael Goldberg
michael.goldberg at uc.edu