[Geysers] New feature by Plume

David Schwarz david.schwarz at alumni.duke.edu
Thu Mar 10 13:34:40 PST 2016

Here's a photo of Pat's "Fandango" from 2005.  Notably, that photo was
taken during Giantess, and in fact, I've only ever seen this thing active
during Giantess.  First time was in 1988.  While my parents and I were
waiting for Beehive near Scissors Springs, this thing kept having frequent,
noisy, spluttery eruptions behind us.

I looked for it the next few times I was in the park, but never saw it
again until my next Giantess, in 1991, and for the rest of the '90s, every
time I thought to look for it, it wasn't doing anything, unless Giantess
was eruption.  The last time I saw it was the day I took this photo in 2005.

I'm hearing that it's been seen a lot in the last 5 years.  Did I just
spend the '90s being really unobservant, or has it gotten more active in
recent years?

David Schwarz