[Geysers] Steamboat behavior

Karen Webb caros at xmission.com
Tue Jul 12 16:59:45 PDT 2016

Just a quick question. We visited Norris on July 9 while exiting the
park. We were mainly heading for Vixen but spent some time on the
Steamboat platforms. I would guesstimate 70% concerted function, some of
it fairly strong. My understanding was concerted function was what you
*wanted* to see, but I noticed that one of the new signs indicated that
"consistent north function with strong overflow" was the "only known
precursor" for an eruption. Realizing we don't have an abundance of data
points here, is strong North function what you want really? I'd been led
to believe strong concerted had the best positive correlation to an
impending eruption. Help?

Karen Webb

---