[Geysers] A new way to communicate?

Janet White janet at snowmoon.us
Fri Jan 29 07:20:38 PST 2016

Hi all,

I've been thinking about having a community site for some time to go
with Geyser Watch. I've tried it before, but the software wasn't the
right one. Some of you may know my passionate dislike for Facebook's
terms and conditions in regards to photos and respect of intellectual
property.

I have found the right software and have been playing around with
learning it. I've also contacted the attorney who has helped me with
infringement cases in the past and is able to help write terms and
conditions that will clearly protect the user's content.

It also allows for discussion and comments on photos as well as forums
(where there can be light discussions and serious ones and you can
follow whatever ones you wish) and a live chat - and there are other
options as well if it makes sense. It also has an activity feed that is
somewhat like Facebook. Have also found a way to have it grow as large
as needed and still keep the loading time quick for tons of photos. This
all costs, so it will need to be a paid membership site, but not much
($12-19 per year, I think will cover the costs...still calculating).

I've talked with a few of you about this privately, but it seems like
maybe it's a good time to ask if others are interested in helping to
develop this into what is needed and possibly being moderators there.
Moderators, of course, would not need to pay - and I'm looking at how to
get other benefits as well.

Happy to hear any and all feedback - but if you're interested in helping
to develop this, please email me privately at janet (at) geyserwatch.com.

Janet Jones-White