[Geysers] new thing near Plume, and Ballcap query

M.A. Bellingham mabellingham at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 06:45:09 PST 2016

Greetings Gazers -

I have questions about the New Thing Near Plume, which from webcam
sightings and GT notes seems to be more active this winter.  When did
it first appear, and how?  Will Boekel reported that the sinter
surrounding it is pulsing up and down, so more changes may be in the
works.

Also in that area, I gather from a FB conversation (but I could be
wrong) that the most recent "Ballcap" Geyser is not the original, is
that true?  If so, when did the energy (and the name) shift to today's
location?

I do read GeyserTimes every day, whether roads are open or not, and
there are clues in there, but trying to find information under "Other
Geyser" is challenging after the fact.

Any information about the evolution of these two sputs is appreciated.

Thanks,
MA

M.A. Bellingham
mabellingham at gmail.com