[Geysers] Labor Day Get-Together

Cynthia Barwin cynthia.barwin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 12:01:33 PDT 2015

Though F&M did not grace us with an eruption over Labor Day weekend, there
were plenty of other eruptions for gazers to enjoy throughout the park.

I'd like to recognize the effort of Kitt and Bill Barger who kept our
traditional Saturday evening gazer get together on track.  Over the years,
Kitt and Bill have provided large platters of grapes, cheeses, and
crackers; plus plates, napkins, and cups to support our 'open house' style
gazer gathering.  This year was no different.  Kitt put out the call to
invite everyone to the OFL lounge this past Saturday, (9/5/15).  I counted
45+ gazers in attendance between 2000 & 2200; and the snack and drink
tables expanded with individuals contributing fresh veggies, shrimp, chips,
salsas, dips, cookies, sweets, wines, growlers of beer, and much more.

Many thanks to everyone for coming out and making this an enjoyable
evening.  It is always fun to see what our group looks like without hats.

Lastly, thanks to all who helped end the evening by clearing the tables
and  resetting the area to insure we left the OFL lounge in tip top shape.

Cynthia Barwin