[Geysers] Geyser Report Monday, September 7, 2015 Labor Day

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 14:12:48 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Monday, September 7, 2015 Labor Day

Beehive 0236 (Beehive's Indicator 0228)--both per GT
Grand: 0711
Fountain: 0614ie (over by 0620)
Great Fountain: over by 0620
Flood: 1201ie
Occasional: 0825, 0848, 0918, ___, 1025, 1059

I watched Lone Pine from 0820 until after 1130.  It was overflowing 360
degrees and bubbling --the platform was thoroughly wet. A nice bull elk
walked past,  taking an hour in his slow passage and attracting a lot of
drive by attention (hence the presumed missing Occasional eruption time)

Forecast low for West was 27 degrees (where DO they have that
thermometer?!)  At 0545 my car said 20 degrees--24 as I arrived at Old
Faithful--but clear skies meant lots of sunshine and 54 degrees by noon.  A
beautiful day, weather-wise, but we dress a bit differently for a Labor Day
picnic here than in most of the country--20 degrees--Br-r-r.  My tires lost
10lb of air pressure!

The lower store is now opening at 0900.  At 1000 daily they offer a tour of
the "Million Dollar Room"--Hamilton's upstairs office, papered with his
checks--in those days banks actually returned your written check after it
cleared--including the 2 insufficient fund checks he used to buy the store
and it's inventory.

Snow poles are starting to appear on roadsides.  Isa Lake had traffic delay
warnings when I last passed about 3 weeks ago, although the roadsides had
been mulched and all looked "ready" to me.  Today it was open completely.

Barbara Lasseter