[Geysers] Geyser Report Saturday, September 5, 2015

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 11:29:18 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Saturday, September 5, 2015

Another 4 hour day in the park.  There were a couple of times a clear blue
sunny space appeared in the sky--briefly--but both were covered by clouds
in short order.  There was a much longer line of cars entering the park
than I have been seeing, including a car parked on a curve of the road as I
approached Madison Campground with the driver gone and driver door standing
open.

Great Fountain was ie as I drove past a bit after 0630.

Beehive appeared while I was chatting with gazers at the lower store
parking lot. (Beehive 0727, Beehive's Indicator 0713).  Lion had an
eruption reported 0551ie GT, followed by 0657, 0757.

I tried for Fountain, which, as is often the case for my attempts it seems,
was ie as I approached at 0854 (0848 frs).

One last pass on Firehole Lake drive, then home, meeting hundreds of
incoming vehicles and dozens of bicycles en route.  Labor Day traffic has
arrived.

Y'all should pay me for bailing out early.  At least here in West
Yellowstone, the sun is now shining!

Barbara Lasseter