[Geysers] Geyser Report Thursday, June 25, 2015

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 12:52:20 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Thursday, June 25, 2015

Warm night, temps in 50's going into the park this AM, high 70's
coming home just after noon.  The morning clouds disappeared early.
Traffic was light coming and going.  Geyser Hill had very little
breeze until midday.

The Pylons along the loop road Biscuit to Daisy trail are gone.  I had
guessed the plan was to fill the pavement's abrupt edge with gravel,
but aparently not so.  I didn't see what if anything was done.

Surface work on pavement in pullouts and parking lots seems to include
new asphalt or sealing and/or crack sealing.  The crews move quickly.
They were at Midway (actual workers were there) before 0630.  Flood
was cordoned off again this AM.

After the 1029 Old Faithful, we got the usual flood of visitors on the
hill, but they never stopped coming.  After Beehive (1136 with 16min
indicator) the hill was more sparsely populated.

Grand: 0216E frs, 2 burst eruption on D4 @1003, turban and vent quit
Lion initial @ 1146
Aurum: 1046 after an apparent 18hr+ interval yesterday
Artemisia 1007ie steam cloud
Fountain: 0850ns GT
Great Fountain: 0852 GT
Till was ie steam @ 0635 with some water in upper vent

Heard today:
" Scoop up a tablespoonful of that bacteria stuff and eat it.  You'll
get all kinds of super powers"
"Why is it called Doublet Pool?"

I'll be with family thru the 1st week in July, so no reports til after
that--trust me, I'll be having a blast.

Barbara Lasseter