[Geysers] Geyser Report Friday, June 12, 2015

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 12:42:40 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Friday, June 12, 2015

Beehive: 0716 (indicator @ 0700)
Grand: 0418E GT, 1114 GT
Fountain: 1053 d=29
Great Fountain: 0957 ("superburst") frs 0958E
Pink Cone: 0642ie
3 crater geyser: 0756ie
Kaleidoscope: 0835, 0906, 0939, 1011, 1040, 1112
Super Frying Pan: 0921, 1058
Jet: 0849, 0902, 0915

Both Biscuit and Black Sand Basins were open when I arrived this AM.
There are pylons on both sides of the loop road from Biscuit to the
Daisy trail.

There was a bison on the plateau at Fountain Paint Pots, right by the
trail.  We may have had 2 gorings in the last month, but this guy
passed on hundreds of opportunities, including guide-led tours.  Only
a few folks turned around and went the other way.

Celestine Pool was erupting to as high as 3-4 feet this AM, tapering
off and interspaced with rest periods.  It was reported to be active
yesterday as well.

The car thermometer was flashing "ice" at the "S" curves at 0615 or
so, then before 0800, the A/C was needed.  As I drove back to WYS
mid-day, the distant mountains were obscured by the pine pollen
whipped into the air by the wind.  It looked like a blanket of smoke
across the horizon.

Others have seen the foxes recently, so the location of the den must
suit them.  I'm still looking for the heron on the Firehole, and the
porcupine along firehole drive, both seen in prior years.  I did see
several Canada geese families along the Madison with young ranging
from little fluff balls to better than 1/2 as big as the adults and
starting to show markings.

Barbara Lasseter