[Geysers] Geyser Report Thursday, June 11, 2015

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 18:06:47 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Thursday, June 11, 2015

The UGB stayed foggy til about 0930 this AM.  Once it began to
breakup, the sun rapidly appeared in a blue sky.

Beehive: 1131 (indicator @ 119, water seen @ 1116)
Grand 1010 Grand start after a 25min turban interval, 1 burst, vent
and turban continued
Lion: 0536ieGT, 0734ie (Jim Scheirer called an audible in the dense fog), 0849
Depression was down about 2 inches as I passed to check on Aurum, then
empty when I returned just before 0900 after speaking briefly with
some visitors.
Aurum: 1501 GT
Castle: 0926 minor, 1441ie major GT
Riverside: 0820ie frs, 1432 GT
Daisy: 1028
Fountain: 1017ie per Maureen Edgerton
Great Fountain: 1204

According to the sign as I approached the UGB, the parking lot
closures at Old Faithful will continue until 7/31.  Biscuit still
closed, and pylons have appeared beside more pullouts along the
Firehole.  Craig Pass opened early this AM, but there will be 30
minute traffic delays.  The project is scheduled to be completed by
10/1 per today's newspaper.

The Yellowstone Historic Center in West celebrated Train Day
today--the day the first train passengers arrived in WYS many years
ago.  Paul Shea, the first curator of the museum, who is now at the
Livingston museum, gave a presentation about the Union Pacific "Bears"
promotions of travel to Yellowstone.  I had not understood that
several different bear posters came out in a given year--as many as 7.

This is my 2nd draft--the first one disappeared from my computer--hope
I reconstructed it reasonably completely!

Barbara Lasseter