[Geysers] Geyser Report Monday, July 20, 2015

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 13:52:52 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Monday, July 20, 2015

The happy, excited families stopped for pictures at the YNP sign at
the West Entrance give my spirits a lift!

Beehive: 1006 GT (Indicator 0954 GT)
Grand: 0125ie GT, 0857 GT
Artemisia: 0801ie GT
Great Fountain: 1003 p=6 (Lynn Stephens)
Fountain: 0939 d=31+
Rejuvenated: 0616ie
Gemini: 0617
Bead: 0630, 0704, 0731
Box Spring: 0640, 0708, 0728
Pink: 0653
Pink Cone: 0724
Morning's Thief: 0940
Super Frying Pan: 0932
Twig:0855 ended at 0931
White Dome: 1041
Jet: 0914, 0921, 0927, 0951

Cloudy and warmer (mid 40's), no fog this AM.  Cow elk and calves
beside road on W entrance road, but no cars were stopped as I passed.
Temps are reaching low 70's by early afternnoon--really beautiful
weather.

As I traveled Firehole Lake Dr, I met Lynn Stephens waiting for Pink
Cone, and we chatted until the eruption.  I had no idea when Fountain
had/would erupt, but elected to sit at the overlook.  Morning was low,
Peanot was very low.  I settled in with a book.  A passing tour guide
reported seeing what appeared to be 2 steam columns about 0630.  I
decided my odds were better at Great Fountain and had started packing
up when Fountain started.  I waited to get the duration, then went to
Great Fountain, which was in the 2nd series.  Lynn Stephens and Byron
Taylor reported a magnificent superburst which targeted Jim Holstein's
vehicle.  I discovered my radio had been off all AM--so much for the
calls each of us had made.

The elk had attracted a huge crowd as I returned to West, but the cars
were on the roadside.

I'll be away from the basins the next 2 days and do not anticipate
sending reports.

Barbara Lasseter