[Geysers] Geyser Report Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 13:11:49 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Beehive 0845
Beehive's Indicator Geyser: 0827
Riverside: 0515 GT
Daisy: 0553 frs, 0838 frs
Fountain: 1239 ie Lynn Stephens had seen it 1238ie both fairly near
start, but there were gazers there who may have exact start
Great Fountain: 0609 late ie--saw just a handful of bursts that
reached out of the crater as I passed
Pink Cone: 1213
Pink: 1138 d=6
Narcissus: seen by Lynn Stephens 0742ie, probably ns; 1132ie D=10

Overheard in the crowd yesterday after Beehive: " Good job, Mother Nature!"

Yesterday's report failed as I pressed the "send" button--Google cut
off.  When I restarted it, my report had been lost.  Frustrating!

Cloudy and wet this AM.  A bit of rain.

Stop reading here if you want to avoid my toilet paper rant.

The flush toilets at Norris (and probably elsewhere) have the
enclosed, large rolls of "paper".  It is so thin that it hasn't the
strength to turn the roll once you manage to reach within and find the
end. It breaks immediately, regardless of how gently you pull.  The
manufacturer of this engineering disaster apparently found it
unmarketable, and applied for a government bail-out.  Enter NPS.
Drifts of shredded "paper" litter the floors.  The long lines are no
doubt aggravated by the time it requires a user to obtain a square or
2 of tissue.  I suspect handwashing has increased in those facilities.
One alternative markerting ploy for the unfortunate manufacturer might
be to launch a promo in the fall.  "Huge roll of "paper" ideal for
mummy costumes.  Guaranteed to provide artistically trailing
streamers.  No need to cut eye holes--you can see right through it!"

It's not "GREEN" if it fails to function for its intended purpose,
especially when more is wasted than used.

Barbara Lasseter