[Geysers] Pink Cone "Minors" or Mid-Cycle Splashing (Stephens)

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 2 06:28:51 PDT 2015

Recently some gazers have been lucky enough to witness minor eruptions of Pink Cone Geyser.  I've been asked:

1) Has this happened before?  Yes,  Marie Wolf and John Muller reported the first known observations on August 4, 1991.

2)  What impact, if any, does this have on the major to major interval?  I don't know.  I don't believe there have been anough observations to make a determination.

I put together a  short article with report of prior "minors" or mid-cycle splashing for the August issue of The Sput.

Everyone have a safe 4th of July weekend.

Lynn Stephens

Genean:  I attached the article to an email I sent to you earlier.