[Geysers] Report 8/31/15

David Monteith dmonteit at comcast.net
Mon Aug 31 17:26:51 PDT 2015

Ledge erupted this morning 8/31/15 at 0837 for an interval of 5d 22h
24m.  The start was seen by Julie and KC and a couple of lucky park
visitors. Others that arrived after the eruption start included Micah,
MA, my parents and myself. Julie and KC reported that the water
phase lasted over 80 minutes. The noisy and wet steam phase was still
going strong at 1530 when I left.

Vixen was frequent, Arsenic was active and Blue was doing something
based on large fluctuations of the water level over a couple hours.
Lots of small spouters (many more than I saw last year) along the line
from Incline to Blue.  Constant had a colloidal color.  It
periodically boiled lightly over the vent but that was all.  Whirligig
was quiet and a off color.

Only stopped in the UGB for a short time this morning but saw Beehive
at 0840 preceded by a 14 minute indicator.  Much better than
yesterday's 1 minute indicator.

Dave