[Geysers] Geyser Report Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Karen Webb caros at xmission.com
Wed Aug 19 16:40:06 PDT 2015

We really wanted to stay, we had such great weather and got so many
walk-up geysers for our August visit last week (even got clear skies for
one of the peak Perseid nights), but looking at the webcam and seeing
clouds and very few people in shorts or tank tops makes me glad we
headed back Sunday!
Karen Webb
(and I like the more extended reports as well, much as I like the FB page)

On 8/18/2015 3:51 PM, Barbara Lasseter wrote:
> Geyser Report Tuesday, August 18, 2015
>
> Freezing out there for the third morning ina row!  This one stayed
> cooler, longer--to the 60's.  The geysers didn't coperate with my
> morning schedule.
>
> Beehive: 0042 ns GT
> Grand: 0526ns GT
> Castle: 0115 ie major GT
> Fountain: 0918ie
> Great Fountain was doing a boiling refill when I drove by about 0620.
> Daisy 0551ie wc GT
> "Rejuvenated": 0624ie
> Spouter: 0641ie
>
> I did see an initial Lion at 0840 and a couple of Old Faithful
> eruptions  (0705 and 0836)--lovely in the weak early morning sun.
> That sun was well filtered by smoke as the morning progressed.
>
> I opted to try for Fountain, but waited too long to make that
> decision--it was ie as I approached.  Pink cone's platform and the
> road were wet when I passed about 0625.  The cone was gently steaming.
>
> Fountain and Black Sand Basin lots were open this AM.  I drove thru
> both.  Fountain did have turn arrows painted on the pavement, but the
> handicap insignia by the toilet still is missing.  It was hard to see
> what work caused a closure for 8+ hrs yesterday.  Today, Midway and
> Biscuit lots were closed. A crew was working at Midway at 0630, and it
> was reopened before 0930.  Biscuit had a ranger keeping an eye on the
> traffic. Yesterday's heavy foot traffic crossing from the loop road to
> the boardwalk N of Silex left a definite pathway that may prove a
> temptation to future overflow traffic parking along that stretch of
> loop road.
>
> Barbara Lasseter

---