[Geysers] Geyser Report Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 15:04:55 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Wednesday, August 19, 2015

27-30 degrees going in again this AM and reaching 60's now.  I spent my
morning hoping for Lone Pine--but no luck as of 1225.

Great Fountain was ie as I passed at 1305.  Many cars had left already.
There was a crew working at Black Warrior Lake, so we should see progess
there soon.

There were NO cars in line at the W Gate as I left the park!!  Except for 1
driver who was comfortable at 30-35mph and clueless regarding pull-outs,
the traffic was light.  That slow driver had mirrors extended out, so must
have been used to towing at that speed?

There were also NO cars parked along the loop road "no parking" on the
basin side at Midway--another first.

I heard a report of a nice bull elk along the Madison meadow W of the
campground.  All those cows I've been seeing now have a friend.  There has
been a pair of bison in the UGB the past 2 AMs--yesterday in the lower
store lot and today further out in the meadow in front of geyser hill.
That's likely to bring a calf come spring.

Depression: 0650ie
Occasional: 0752ie, 0828, 0853, 0926, 0950, ___, 1046, 1110, 1132, 1210
Till: 1259ie
"Rejuvenated" 1306ie

Lone Pine was in overflow when I arrived about 0730.  The platform had
water on all sides.  It never looked better all morning.  The pool did rise
and bubble, then drop, then rise and bubble......  After a morning sitting,
I plan to walk about tomorrow, so may not have geysers to report.

Barbara Lasseter