[Geysers] Geyser Report Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 12:10:05 PDT 2014

Geyser Report Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Beehive erupted before I arrived at the UGB (0552FRS).  Grand erupted
as I was gathering to go out (0709FRS).  Castle was reported as 0350ns
FRS).  I couldn't see much on my first pass through Firehole Lake Dr
this AM, so elected to return.

Pink Cone was steaming, with light steam from the platform vent.
Since Great Fountain was reported at 1359 yesterday (after an 0146E
that AM), I was hoping for a shorter interval overnight.  The crater
was still in the boiling fill process at 0815 and that continued til
at least 1000.  The download was 0348E--close to 14hr.

At that point, a radio call from Fountain reported people standing
behind the geyser as it erupted. [ I did not get the start of
Fountain, but saw the steam at 1003ie.]  The Ranger doing the download
called LE.  As more people were reported appearing behind the
Morning's Thief area, I drove to the loop road thinking perhaps I
would find an unattended vehicle there.  I arrived as 1 car drove off
from adjacent to the sign alerting to geyser parking ahead, and
another single driver was returning to his car.  I photographed both.
 The single driver saw me photograph his license tag and waited for
LE.  Gazers at Fountain got pix from their end.

The day started overcast and dark gray, but became sunny as the
morning progressed.  Not one raindrop came my way.

White Dome: 0915, 0954, 1011

Barbara Lasseter