[Geysers] NEW streaming cam and REMOVAL of UGB static

wboekel wboekel at comcast.net
Thu May 1 15:26:47 PDT 2014

On the NPS webcam updates page (http://www.nps.gov/yell/photosmultimedia/webcam-updates.htm) they posted this recently:

“4/22/14 11:43 p.m.

We wanted to let you know that in the coming month, we will be replacing the current streaming webcam pointed at Old Faithful Geyser with a new HD pan/tilt/zoom streaming video webcam. Our existing streaming webcam is showing its age, and our goal is to replace it with a new one, without any disruption in service. The new webcam will offer a clearer image, and we think you will like it.

Because the new streaming webcam will offer a larger and clearer view of Old Faithful Geyser and the Upper Geyser Basin, a decision has been made to remove the Upper Geyser Basin static webcam.

Look for more updates in the coming weeks.”

Personally, I am thrilled to get a new streaming cam but I disagree about the decision about removing the UGB static cam for multiple reasons. If you would like to send a comment about your thoughts about the cameras I used this page and filled out the web form that appeared when I clicked “Email”. A bit later I got an email back saying it was forwarded on to the correct personnel.

http://www.nps.gov/yell/contacts.htm

Happy Gazing

Will Boekel