[Geysers] a historical question

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon Jun 2 14:27:59 PDT 2014

No doubt the dates cited by Lee, MA, Rocco, and etc. are correct in regards
 to park-wide projects, but it is clear that wooden walkways existed well
before  the 1940s. These may have been short and restricted to the surrounds
of  individual features, but for a few examples look at Haynes photos 22637
(Dragon's Mouth), 11125 and 23463 (Mud Volcano), 16049 (Morning Glory -- I
think  that's a walkway on the far side of the pool), and perhaps even
better a photo  from the USGS digital photo file labeled "Black Growler 1924"
that clearly shows  a wooden walkway and bridge complete with wooden railing.
Lastly, while I can't  seem to locate it at the moment, someplace there's a
picture of Porcelain Basin  that shows a wooden plank-like walkway that
extends well out into the basin; I  somehow recall the date of 1922 for that one.

Scott Bryan

In a message dated 6/2/2014 11:17:17 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,