[Geysers] Geyser Report, Saturday, July 12, 2014

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 14:38:03 PDT 2014

Geyser Report, Saturday, July 12, 2014

Firehole Lake Drive was closed when I entered the park this AM, but
open as I left prior to noon.  It appears the damaged roadway received
an application of some sort of road goo, topped with a layer of rather
finely crushed gray gravel.  It's a bit dusty right now, especially
when a car speeds by.  The potholes adjacent to Firehole Spring and
White Dome have been fairly well evened out.   Thermal features appear
intact!

Seeing the barricades down, I took the loop and was rewarded with a
Great Fountain eruption (8 minutes after I arrived) and 3 White Dome
eruptions.

Cloudy skies kept the heat down this AM.

Beehive: 0815 (water @ 0800, Beehive's Indicator Geyser 0801)
Grand: 0044wc gt, 0716ie (probably single burst, Vent & Turban continued)
Lion: 0838 initial and final--a series of 1
Little Cub: ie @ 1013
Depression: 0714ns
Aurum: around 1000--failed to make a note!
Castle: 0325minor FRS; 0937 major
Oblong: 1049
Riverside: 0142wc gt, 0745ie
Daisy: 0446 ns wc gt, 0740ie FRS, 1025 FRS
Artemisia: gazer report of 2336 yesterday
Great Fountain: yesterday 2346ie gt, 1134
Slot: 0635, 0804ie, 0836 FRS
White: ie at 0649, 1000, 1021, 1101
Plate: 1041ns FRS
Tilt's Baby: 1053
White Dome: 1143, 1200, 1224ie

Saw a rubber raft In the Madison at M. Jct earlier this week!

Barbara Lasseter