[Geysers] Firehole Lake Drive

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 7 17:54:42 PDT 2014

Just a note of warning:  With the warm weather, the asphalt that was put down on Firehole Lake Drive last year is breaking up quite badly in spots.  It liquifies such that the tar and rocks separate.  The tar adheres to tires (and the bottom of shoes).  Quite a collection of rocks can build up on tires.  It's not bad in the morning, but this afternoon I skipped an eruption of Great Fountain.  When I went through about 14:45 (Great Fountain was not yet in overflow) my new pickup with its new tires collected quite a bit of tar and rocks, and I wasn't going to go back again after Fountain erupted this afternoon.

Lynn Stephens