[Geysers] from a tour ad--"Third" Old Faithful

JOChapple jochapple at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 26 17:58:16 PST 2014

Hello LIst-serve,

On Jan 25, 2014, at 4:55 AM, Lynn Stephens <lstephens2006 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> The final feature I’ll offer up as a possibility for the third “Old Faithful” is also an artificial feature—but this one wasn’t the result of drilling.  Instead it was a deliberate attempt to create an artificial geyser.  “Old Faithful Junior” was a model geyser located at the Old Faithful Museum.  H. T. Lystrup provided the following information and story about “Old Faithful Junior.”

I think Lynn failed to attach Ranger Lystrup's story, which I would love to read. As a *very* small girl my family lived for three summers in the Old Faithful bunkhouse used by bus drivers, located very near the old ranger station / museum. I loved looking at the geyser model, but I don't think I ever saw it in action. And I believe Lystrup was on duty some of the time I was there. He may even be the ranger who gave my sister and me Farnsworth's book Cubby Returns and wrote in the front "To my friends Joan and Janet, From (with arrows to two cubs and to a bear running away)."

Janet Chapple