[Geysers] Costa Rica

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Feb 21 08:14:34 PST 2014

A few days ago i posted that I found a travel item that noted geysers at
the Tenorio national park in Costa Rica. I have found nothing more on that,
but  in trying I have found several references to geysers at Rincon de la
Vieja  National Park, which is at the next volcano to the northwest from
Tenorio.  Descriptions include such phrases as "mini-Yellowstone," "steaming hot
springs  and geysers," "bubbling mud pots" and "abundant hot springs and
geysers."

Attached is a so-so jpg photo of a spring that at least does erupt. Whether
 it is periodic, I don't know -- the same feature appeared in a really poor
and  brief video. This photo is (c) TripAdvisor and is labeled "geyser at
Rincon de  la Vieja."