[Geysers] Whirligig Geyser activity, pre and post shutdown

MA Bellingham mabdepot at msn.com
Tue Oct 29 17:24:47 PDT 2013

I do, as with the big bursts from Collapsed Cave and the 'geyser near Graceful'.  I was going to gather more photos and times on that this weekend before bringing that up.  Arsenic doubled its duration per my few observations, as well.  Yellow Funnel was low low low and vigorously boiling, Congress Poll rose up about a foot, but I didn't see that as a definitive mini-disturbance sign since there was also that huge snowstorm during the shutdown.  With Vixen's intervals so short I didn't walk around to look at other features in the back basin.

Check the monthly graph on Constant before the 09/30 date moves out of sight, the sudden change is striking. http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/volcanoes/yellowstone/yellowstone_monitoring_35.html

MA