[Geysers] GT upgrades

Pat Snyder riozafiro at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 05:54:45 PST 2013

Thank you for the clarification.
The Grand idea sounds good, and I realize it would take a lot of coding to add something about it. I sure hope contributors do put in the burst code, or at least say, two bursts, for example. It's very helpful to those writing articles about Grand for Transactions and the Sput, since the electronic data does not include bursts, and it's also just nice to know for those of us who really like Grand!

While I understand your desire to include a reliability factor on GeyserTimes, I've been flagged for being .03 of a second off on a time I posted, so it really doesn't encourage me to continue posting times when I see that my flags are now made public, especially since quite a few of my flags were controversial. It is possible that others might be discouraged by this, and therefore, times are missed because people choose not to post at all if they feel even the least bit unsure about the time. It's a trade-off, I understand. You want accuracy. But I would also think you'd want all the times you can gather, too.

My solution has been to write my times down on paper and then, at the end of the day, add times that were missed. Seems to work well and keeps me from being flagged.

Also, have you removed the ability to post as "Guest"? I've noticed a few posts under that moniker, usually inaccurate.

My two cents, just food for thought.
Pat Snyder