[Geysers] Pebble Geyser

Stephen Eide stepheneide at cableone.net
Fri Jun 7 01:06:14 PDT 2013

Hello again,

This is interesting.  When Will first brought this feature to my attention
on 5-30-13 it was (at that time) only steaming.  On 6-1-13 when I first saw
it Pebble was just starting to cover it, I assumed it was doing the same
thing as two days earlier but I could be wrong.  When Pebble dropped below
the crack it appeared to just be steaming but the ground was all wet, if it
had some slight water output I don't know if I would have seen it.  On
6-2-13 it was underwater the whole time I was watching.  I do not doubt
Lynn's observations, I know she is an astute observer of thermal features.
I wonder if it is becoming more active, or if perhaps the level of activity
changes over time.  I'm hoping for more active.

David, thanks for the link to a most interesting video.  I don't think it
shows the feature Lynn and I are talking about but Pebble looks so much
different in that video.  I think the little hole they are showing is
UNNG-WDG-2.  I have never seen it erupt but I think Lynn and others have.
When Pebble is full the feature we are talking about is in the pool of
Pebble a couple of inches below water on the side of the pool in the
general direction of White Dome.

Stephen Eide