[Geysers] geyser report Saturday, June 1, 2013

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 14:05:48 PDT 2013

Saturday June 1, 2013

A welcome 22 degrees this AM--clear skies!! Or Relatively so--just a
low bank of clouds on the eastern horizon that shielded the rising sun
from my eyes.  The clean roads we had for a very brief period after
the rains earlier this week have rapidly developed scads of bison
sign.

No cars at Fountain, so I took a pass by Great Fountain.  At 0615 it
was completely over--a quietly steaming hole in the ground with water
in it's runoff channels.

Beehive: 0542
Beehive's Indicator: 0527
Grand: 1220 T1C
W Triplet: 1257ie
Rift: 0508ie
Lion: 0549ns, likely an initial; 0707ns
Little Cub: 1301ie
Depression: 0257, 0653ie, 1006ie
Aurum: 1216
Castle: [2316 last night], 1251 major
Oblong: 0715 FRS, 1123ns FRS
Daisy: 1107
Grotto: 1017ie
Fountain: 1150 d=37
Great Fountain: last night at 1813, then over by 0615 this AM
Tilt's Baby: 1245
White: 0702ie
Sawmill: 0505ie
Atomizer: at 0835 the last of the post-major puffing stopped
Artemisia: 1131 d=25

Artemisia had the most high bursts I've seen--more than 12-15 at or
above the height of the wall.

The new boardwalk past Scalloped spring is underway.  We have to walk
OFF THE BOARDWALK for a short stretch of sinter where there apparently
once was a boardwalk--the marks remain.  I felt like a truant.  The
underpinnings of the new route look like an old-fashioned wooden
roller coaster per the observation of 1 gazer.  That or a train
trestle.

A beautiful day, folks.  Temps at about 60 coming home  at 1400, lots
of sunshine, very little breeze.   We live for these days!

Barbara