[Geysers] Geyser Report Saturday, July 27, 2013

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 13:36:24 PDT 2013

Saturday, July 27, 2013

The meadows are turning from green to brown and roadside wildflowers
are less profuse.  I saw a bull bison keeping close tabs on a cow in
the UGB this AM.  The summer is fast fading.

Firehole Lake Drive has not yet closed.  Both Firehole Canyon Drive
and Fountain Flat Drive have been chip sealed, but line painting
remains to be done.

Significant smoke drifted into the park as the morning progressed.
The density decreased as I drove from OF to Madison and out the W
entrance road.  Look for spectacular sunset/sunrise.

I spent most of the AM at East Sentinel to get a better grasp of its
cycles.  From there to Great Fountain, then home.

Lion: 0632, 0733ie
Castle: major at 0707
Oblong: 1059
Great Fountain: 1249 p=0
Pink Cone: 0610ie
White Dome: 1159, 1238, 1318

Lone Pine was reported to be empty yesterday at 1512.

Barbara Lasseter