[Geysers] Geyser activity gleaned from the internet

Michael Goldberg goldbeml at ucmail.uc.edu
Wed Jul 24 18:24:39 PDT 2013

Thanks, Demetri, for setting the record straight.
I drew the wrong conclusion from the available data.

>From the looks of it, the USGS temperature monitor at Constant shows
evidence of the 16-17 minute cycles, but doesn't distinguish whether an
eruption occurs.  I'm going to guess that what's happening is that the
wash of hot water from an eruption is brief enough (as compared to the
sampling frequency of the recorder) that on average only one eruption per
day actually gets caught.

Michael Goldberg
Michael.Goldberg at uc.edu