[Geysers] Geyser Report Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 14:05:02 PDT 2013

Geyser Report Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I spent most of my day artemisia, so times are primarily FRS.

For those that have wondered why the long closure of the Artemisia
trail (when Daisy trail was open), I discovered a new section of trail
had been created as I headed up from Biscuit.  The bridge by
Cauliflower has been removed.  The trail is diverted N between Mercury
and the hot breakout on the trail, avoiding both the breakout and the
bridge site.  It now swoops around, connecting with the Power Line
Trail just a short distance from the old turn onto the bridge, passing
thru a substantial stand of young trees.  I hear the grizzly sow and
her 2 cubs have been relocated, so the passage thru the trees was just
an interesting byway across formerly forbidden terrain.  The trail is
a bit longer, but not by much.

Castle: major at 0711ns
Grand: 0443E,  1230
West Triplet: 0526ie, 1127
Rift: 1204
Oblong: 0615, 1121
Riverside: 0850
Daisy: 0538, 0820, 1059ie, 1315
Grotto: 0508ie, 1108ie
Great Fountain: the call sounded like 0831 (but could have been 0821?) p=0
Tardy was called at 1224
Atomizer had a 45sec minor at 0931, 60sec minor @ 1104, major @ 1111
Tilt's baby: 0959

I left the basin about 1400--nothing heard re: Beehive.

Overheard on geyser hill this past week:  youngsters trying to
convince their mother that the bison resting peacefully above Sulfide
Spring was a real animal, not a scenery enhancement provided by the
park service.  [His tail twitch could be just the wind, or maybe a
battery-driven feature?]

Barbara Lasseter