[Geysers] Time Code - more questions

MA Bellingham mabdepot at msn.com
Wed Jan 16 06:32:35 PST 2013

Will Boekel, thanks for the reply,
you provided some information that up to this point we did not have.

An aside, you mentioned in a post
about the survey that you provided all the possible choices that had been
suggested.  I disagreed with the
selection of choices forcing me to choose “best” and “worst”.  I caution you that the cam-chat room is a
miniscule percentage of gazers, and Facebook is a very small percentage. Discussion
should be on the list serve only.

Back to my questions:

Will the comments in the OFVEC LOGS
be visible in Geysertimes?

Will wrote: “Currently with the
notes not being visible in the data retrieve this sort of forces me to change
the entry from a note to an eruption that is “0000?”.”

Why and where are the notes not
visible?

question for Lynn or Mary Beth:  In the
future, will transcribed logs still be available on the GOSA website?   I can see the need for merging information
in the future, as webcam times and on scene times entered from a “device” in
the field are becoming more prevalent and those times may or may not make it to
the OFVEC hard copy LOG.

For past
data (I recently looked at some decades old LOG files on the GOSA site, fun!)
does it NEED to be in GeyserTimes?
Why?

I have
other questions/concerns about the “A” code, but will get back to that later.

Thanks,
MA

M.A.
Bellingham