[Geysers] Time code - speed of progress

Will Boekel wolveslax65 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 12 20:20:29 PST 2013

Gazers,

I am going to be up front, this may classify as a rant post but I feel that it needs to be made.

I have been contacted by some people that think I am moving too fast about this whole code issue. I feel this is not the case. When I made the second survey I had not seen any listserve posts about this issue or any new survey submissions for just about two-three days. This led me to believe that everyone that wanted a say had voiced their opinions and that it was time to make the first fine tuning to the proposal. If there had been more discussion that was happening I probably would have waited. I am starting to hit the same point on the current survey but the number of responses on the survey have declined and I will be waiting for more people to respond, hopefully ASAP.

Now I have heard that some people are having some personal discussion between gazers. This is fine but in the long run how is that conversation going to help the group as a whole move forward on this decision because I am not prepared to play telephone with everyone because that just puts us all on separate pages. So gazers, I think it is time to step up and have a real open discussion about this. Quit being afraid about causing a firestorm on the listserve just because you think your idea may be slightly outside the box. If people can’t see past your ideas (good or bad) and hate you for presenting them, then you probably shouldn’t be friends anyway. Also if we want to progress and become better gazers in the future then we must think outside the box and test these new ideas and theories as things are always changing and there will always be puzzles to solve.

To my knowledge for this second survey I have included all the ideas for possible solutions to the issue. If I haven’t ether you didn’t post the idea somewhere I could see it or it slipped by me.

SO PLEASE START DISCUSSING!!!

Will Boekel