[Geysers] 1885 painting

Clark murray geyser at q.com
Thu Feb 14 18:29:29 PST 2013

Splendid and present day Comet?

Clark Murray

From: TSBryan at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:13 AM
To: geysers at lists.wallawalla.edu
Subject: [Geysers] 1885 painting

Well, I had guesses of Fountain, Great Fountain and Grand, so I guess painting number 2 wasn't as obvious as I thought. Also by Bierstadt, it is of Fountain. Take a look at the sky at the upper left in the painting. I could swear that those clouds look more like forest fire smoke and water clouds.

Here's my last painting (for now, anyhow), painted in 1885.