[Geysers] Anemone Questions

Micah Kipple godsfireworks at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 20:56:25 PST 2013

Hi All

So Will Boekel has just called to my attention something rather interesting to me. We both have reason to believe that Anemone Geyser (or at least Big Anemone) may have gone through a dormancy of an unspecified amount of time september-october of 1977. The post that is the most relevant to this is a post on 8/3/77 in the log book that says "Anemone had it's first eruption since fall in the last day or two." On 8/4 there was another logbook entry for it says "Welcome back!" I find this intriguing. Since Anemone hasn't had much fame throughout the parks history something pretty drastic, such as a dormancy that could have lasted from a couple days, to a couple weeks. My question is: what do you think they mean by "fall?" If any of you have any answers or speculation to this, please let me know, I would love to try to figure this out.

Also, while I'm on the topic of Anemone. Does anyone know of, or have any pictures of the West Vent of Anemone? I know it's long dead. But I'm curious as to it's location and what it's eruptive behavior was. If you have any knowledge of this, I would love to know! Thanks guys!

Micah Kipple

Volcanoes are God's Fireworks