[Geysers] Constant Geyser Data Logger Mystery (Young)

Bill Johnson canbelto at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 13:27:43 PDT 2013

I may have been the one who mentioned seeing an "aborted" Whirligig
eruption as Scott mentions, although it would have been last year rather
than this.  The memory is fading, but I don't remember seeing any highly
anomalous runoff when it happened.  My notebook from last season is
currently packed up for a trip to Alaska, so I can't check to be sure, but
I'm pretty sure we didn't notice anything that would have produced these
spikes,

Another possibility: might this be a new, very small vent right next to the
sensor and therefore invisible from the boardwalk (which would be on top of
it)?  Proximity that you're not expecting can make small phenomena look
like big ones.

-- Bill Johnson