[Geysers] Morning? or maybe a really short Fountain 9/24/12

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 24 18:33:38 PDT 2012

While driving across the Fountain Flat this evening (Monday, 9/24/12), I noticed something really big erupting at the geysers along the Paint Pot Loop, 1815ie.  I stopped the tour bus at one of the pullouts, and the passengers watched it, while I took box lunch orders (5 day package, and we'd been in the bus for a while, and we are doing the Paint Pots another day, so stopping, especially with rain pouring down, wasn't an option). It looked a lot bigger than I remember Fountain usually looking.  It was also closer to the stairs than I'd expect.  I think it might have been Morning, especially when I got home and looked at the Fountain times on geysertimes.org .  If it was Fountain, that would have been an amazingly short interval, since Maureen and Jake saw Fountain at 1112, with a duration of 46.

So now I'm convinced it was Morning Geyser in eruption!

Karen Low