[Geysers] Geyser Report Friday, September 21, 2012

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 14:07:04 PDT 2012

Beehive: 1157
Beehive's indicator: 1141 (and water reported 1+ minutes earlier)
Grand: yesterday at 1302&1818WC; today 0510E, 1051D2G2C (see note below)
Lion: 0745, 0858, 0954, missed 1 at Grand, 1139 (under 2min), 1159, 1255
Little Cub ie @ 1126 & 1203
Depression: 0700, 1133ie
Oblong: 1019ie
Riverside: 1135
Daisy: 1013, 1237 near end
Grotto: 0924ie, off shortly after 1100
Great Fountain: 0309E
Twig: 0737ie
Sawmill: 1036ns
Tilt's Baby: 1119

at 11AM yesterday while hiking, found ice in a water-filled bison
track.  Today was a bowl of smoke again, but warming to the point
there were sunbathers and swimmers along the Firehole.  Saw a visitor
walking their dog thru the Myriad group!

I arrived at Grand a bit early--Turban at 0937 then 1013 (36minutes or
so--I don't log seconds, only minutes), then 1032, then Grand start at
1051.  During the long delay, Grand had filled at 14minutes with nice
overflow, then dropped shortly afterward, then came up again at about
the 19 minute mark and stayed up until almost 1030.  Grand was still
low come the next turban, not surpisingly, but did a lovely start the
following cycle, still only 36min into it's 1015 to 1215 window.

Nothing from Plume or F&M as of the time I left.  No Morning's thief
yet as I passed.  Bill Warnock was headed to Great Fountain to check
it out.

Barbara Lasseter