[Geysers] Geyser Activity at Canyon?

Seeyellowstone at aol.com Seeyellowstone at aol.com
Wed Sep 19 05:10:17 PDT 2012

I often put a spotting scope on "Phantom Bridge Geyser" for my guests, as
it is likely perpetual.  It plays out of several vents, from a crack  about
5 meters long, and it can have a rainbow during the morning.

There is another cyclic bubbler looking straight down the gully on the
opposite side of Artist Point, which I have seen water bubbling through the
scope, although I have not seen it for years now.  Most of the time I catch
it in a steam phase or with no steam.  I have seen water bubbling there at
least 4 times between 1991 and 1999, when I last saw water there.  I do
think it may still be active, but hard to catch.

Jim Holstein
Yellowstone Tour Guides

I am likely the only guide to use a spotting scope for geysers here instead
 of using them on the osprey nests.