[Geysers] Geyser Activity at Canyon?

Eric Hatfield conanvandt at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 18:20:58 PDT 2012

I had a similar thought recently.  Standing at Artist Point this summer, looking straight down, something was steaming A LOT.  It was very obvious on a hot summer day, so it isn't trivial.  It was certainly more than I remember.  Anybody know specifics about what's directly below Artist Point?

It's peculiar to think that these features are among the park's most proximate to crowds, but are NEVER visited.  Really, probably zero people per year.  Not only nearly impossible to go down there, but almost certainly illegal too.  Has anybody been down in the upper part of the canyon?