[Geysers] GSA article

Paul Strasser upperbasin at comcast.net
Thu Sep 13 08:48:15 PDT 2012

For a market research (!) class I did a study to see if there was
statistical evidence of a beehive/OF connection. Nope.  A few years ago I
did one on my own for Castle and Grand.  Again, nope.

And you saw Grand erupt from a completely empty pool - that is, it erupted
even before Grand reached overflow from the previous eruption. Dates and
times, please, because its interval would be completely out of whack with
t/e surrounding intervals.

I agree with Scott to keep an eye on features near Grand, from Belgian to
Wave.  What to me was most amazing about the shorter intervals was the
narrowness of the eruption window.  After the five hour mark, the first fill
of grand that even looked semi -OK at the 12 minute mark would be the one.
Also\, its eruptions were tall, much taller than those before this fun time.

Paul Strasser

  _____