[Geysers] Fan & Mortar - September 2, 2012

Cynthia Barwin rfbarwin at charter.net
Wed Sep 5 18:23:39 PDT 2012

Fan and Mortar erupted Sunday morning, September 2, 2012.  Gazers around the basin saw the steam cloud, with the earliest observation I heard at about 0832.  Bob and I were at Oblong when we saw the cloud at 0835.  We walked down to F&M to confirm what was already evident – F&M ie.  The eruption ended at 0844.  The first restart was at 0847.  Two visitors were sitting at the benches when we arrived, and though they did not see the start, they had been appreciating the eruption about 8-10 minutes before we arrived.  Another visitor coming back from Morning Glory described that he had seen a lot of splashing in Bottom and Lower Mortar at about 0826.  This eruption came 2 days and approx 23 hours after the August 30th eruption.

Respectfully submitted,

Cynthia Barwin