[Geysers] October SPUT

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 20 17:53:55 PST 2012

Scott Bryan wrote:

>Hoping for a bit of clarification on the first part of the write-up about Pink Cone in the October 2012 SPUT, page 28.>

I don't have my copy of the Sput, but went back to the file I sent to Genean and found this sentence:
 "Pink Cone’s closed intervals varied from a minimum of about 19¼ hours to a maximum of 25h06m, 25h40m with a mean of 23m55s and a median of 23m7m."   That sentence is indeed confusing and full of errors.    The sentence should have read "Pink Cone's closed intervals varied from a minimum of about 19 1/4 hours to a maximum of 25hh06m with a mean of 23h55m and a median of 23h7m..."   I apologize for the confusion.  In my haste to meet what had traditionally been the deadline for the Sput, get from Yellowstone to West Seattle to babysit, then back to Cheney to pack for three months at Cape Disappointment starting October 1, I didn't proof the article very well.

I won't be back in the technological realm until about January 10, so won't be writing anything about geyser activity for either the December or February issues of the Sput.  My Little Bit column was submitted for the December issue quite some time ago.  Assuming I get the December issue of the Sput in time for the deadline for the February issue, I will have the index for 2012 ready for the February 2013 issue, and intend to also have the 2012 financial statements ready for the February 2013 issue.

Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving and a happy holiday season.

Lynn Stephens