No subject

Thu May 24 22:09:21 PDT 2012

enjoy the fine weather.  It erupted before I took my pack off, not
that I'm complaining, mind you.  Grand erupted before I could have
made it that far after Fountain, so a good decision.
A group of young park employees en route to Fairy Falls was talked
into staying for the first bursts, then I had it to myself.

When I returned to my car at Biscuit and started for Old Faithful,
"water in Beehive's Indicator" was called.  I parked in the Inn lot
and headed for the overlook.  We lost the sun a bit into that
eruption, so the folks on the boardwalk from Beehive to Sulfide spring
not only got wet, they faced a very cool breeze.

Beehive: 1152
Plume: 1155
Lion: 0834ie....1029
Aurum: 1037ie
Grand: 1026
Daisy: 1035ie
Great Fountain: 0911 P=
Fountain: 0927 D=39
White Dome: 0924
Flood: 1021ie
Till: 1023 (this was a drive-by--no idea of duration)
Artemisia 1048 D=24

AND a large golden brown bear on the roadside of the W entrance road
on the way home!

Barbara Lasseter