[Geysers] 4-Burst Grand 5/24/2012

jimscheir at aol.com jimscheir at aol.com
Thu May 24 17:36:30 PDT 2012

Grand erupted at 1526 today with 4 bursts. The details are below.

Code: G4Q, total duration 12min 05sec.

Burst #    Duration (min:sec)
1                6:32
2                1:05
3                1:06
4                0:48

I am unaware of any previous observations of a Grand eruption this season with more than 2 bursts.

The interval from the morning eruption at 0738 (-1C) [I was watching Old Faithful from the Sawmill area when Grand started unexpectedly] was nothing unusual - 7hr48min. Since I arrived intervals for Grand have ranged from 6hr14min (occurred twice on 5/18) to 10 hrs, but most have been from just under 7hr to just over 8.5hr. The VC is using a 7.5hr interval in pedicting Grand.

Gazer Gary Einstein was also there. Maureen missed it - she needed Grand to wait one more Turban.

Jim Scheirer