[Geysers] Grand without Grand?

Pat Snyder riozafiro at gmail.com
Sat May 19 09:52:21 PDT 2012

Thank you Mary Beth and David for the explaining this after-eruption action at Grand. I've also seen these afterplay bursts and they are lots of fun! It's like a bonus eruption.

I have an additional question. Does this afterplay always occur? Or is it more likely from a multi-burst eruption of Grand? I have seen afterplay that's quite tall, maybe to 40-50 feet (very cool), but only after two-burst eruptions. Also, true afterBURSTS (much taller and larger water volume) also are more likely after multi-burst eruptions, too, correct? Thanks for any explanation folks can offer...

Very interesting, regardless! Thanks for asking, Janet. I need to hang out longer after Grand!
Pat Snyder