[Geysers] This years geyzer gazing at YNP

inezaustin at aol.com inezaustin at aol.com
Wed May 16 15:08:55 PDT 2012

Thank you for everyone's messages of sympathy, so many folks with tales of woe far worse than mine (which is really disturbing).  I expected the usual flamers to attack and they did not, a pleasant surprise.  I am still done.  Gary and I will still spend two more visits in the park this year, etc.

I think my problem is that Gary and I like to participate in the stuff we like.  We own Horse Heaven Observatory & it is open to the public on select days a month, operate a MADIS weather station (linked to NOAA), use Ham radio, have a large cabin that various not for profit groups but mostly the Scouts use, host two sailing regattas a year, lead/host groups for wild flower, photography and bird trips in the mountains here and are active in the Service Dog world.

So perhaps I just wanted to share and that didn't go down well with the gazer clique this year.  Who knows, after 55 years of gazing in YNP I should have known better.   We are looking at the whole issue as a way to enjoy the park incognito from now on and it will certainly free up time for other uses.

Inez