[Geysers] Geyser Gazing, chat page and the Sput (GOSA)

inezaustin at aol.com inezaustin at aol.com
Sun May 13 12:44:14 PDT 2012

 Well, I am done.  I will no longer contribute to the Sput, post on the listserv, announce on the radio or write on the CamChat.  My 55 years of notebooks will not be going anywhere.  Once I am done I will trash them.

Today, Jim decreed that no North Goggle minors less than 8 feet are to be recorded in the book or announced on the radio.

In addition, he said that I had gone into the Visitor Center managed to get the log book and written times in it.  The truth being that I was in the Visitor Center 2 nights ago giving them times, that they need to lock up, handed me the book and pen and said to enter them.  Not quite the same thing.  It seems that my name is no longer in the book, only folks that Jim vets are allowed to be in the book.  Apparently the ranger thought I was someone else, although we had talked several times.  I even asked him as he hurried away "you want me the write these in" and he replied yes, and to listen to the radio and record any I heard.  So since the story being touted is  a lie, I am done.

Jim and his cronies may be great gazers, but they stifle many of the other folks and it is tolerated because he is great about recording times.

So no need to post my message I sent originally, no need to post my photos of Black Sand Pool and certainly no need to publish or discuss my info for North Google. Which by the way today was interesting.  North Google for the latest Lion Series stayed up after the Lion eruption.  North Google has 1 foot minors every 11 to 12 minutes until the next Lion eruption.  This explains the steam spikes that can be seen on the web cam. When Lion appears to go out of series Google stayed up contuing its 11 minute minors, finally draining at 12:16 (last Lion minor at noon).  North Google then came back and had a 4-5 foot minor at 1301.

Inez