[Geysers] Black Sand Pool From Inez

David Monteith dmonteit at comcast.net
Sun May 13 12:09:41 PDT 2012

I re-sized Inez's images so that list recipients wouldn't be overwhelmed
by the file size.  -- Dave

From: 	inezaustin at aol.com
To: 	geysers at lists.wallawalla.edu
Subject: 	Black Sand Pool
Date: 	Sun, 13 May 2012 11:25:08 -0400 (05/13/2012 08:25:08 AM)

There have been wonderful massive boils at Black Sand Pool today, to at
least 8 feet and about 1/4 of the pool wide, in the middle. Combined
with a rapid series of bumps just prior to the big boils. The wide but
not tall boils also continue the wider (not tall) ones from the center
often 1/2 pool wide.  The smaller and less wide boils from the east side
of the pool also continue.  The "regular thumps also continue.
Hopefully some of my pictures turn out and I can post them...I haven't
downloaded them yet.

The best shots were too steamy. But I have some showing the beginning of
the waves (which washed up and over the sinter), some of several starts,
and on near the beginning of the eruption that shows some height.

The rangers are the Visitor Center are only interested in the geyser
reports from selected individuals, so most folks decided to treat them
to radio silence most of the day.  Sad, we lost a lot of info.
Hopefully this will get changed.  So many folks stopped sharing info a
few years ago because of that attitude, including myself.

I had thought the VC didn't hear the radio calls yesterday, turned out
it was just we weren't the right folks.

Inez