[Geysers] Morning 1983

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Jun 22 08:11:57 PDT 2012

Someplace there should be one or more reports by Hutchinson about the
activity by Morning in the early 1980s, especially 1983. I well recall one day
when I was tabbed to help him place his port-a-corder (basically, portable
seismometer, which at the time was Rick's primary monitoring device) out on
the  far side of Morning. I don't know how long he had the thing out
there...  Unfortunately (so here's hoping), 1983 was the last year in which I saw
Morning  erupt -- the first episode in 1991 was when I was on Kamchatka and
the second  episode ended a few days before my September arrival)... Anyhow,
while the  height figure of 200 feet is not mine, my recollection from 1983
and  before is that Morning's bigger bursts far exceeded anything I've ever
seen  out of Fountain, distance from the boardwalk fully considered.